Saturday 4 June 2016

Abusive comments

Dealing with hate and online abuse. 

At the end of the day, everyone is human. We all have opinions and feelings towards others. Do you ever wonder why people only decide to find their bus pass once they got on the bus, despite waiting at the stop for a good few minutes? 🤔 I hate it and honestly, it annoys me so much. But never in a million years would I think of being rude or making an unkind remark about someone and posting it online. I just wouldn't do it. If you don't have anything nice to say, then you might not say anything at all. 

        "You're too skinny, stop starving yourself". 

There's diverse ways of being rude. Sometimes it's only insults like Bitch, Homewrecker, Slut. I had so many people call me anorexic in school. One girl even offer to give me food as she thought I wasn't eating properly. And other times people go into a little more detail, usually with a jealous tone "You must think your some kind of supermodel", "Bitch, stop surviving on salad and eat a burger". I actually laughed at that one cause they obviously don't know me properly if they think I lived of a salad. 

         The power of the Internet. 

Social media is getting worse and worse these days and people are using it as a way to spread hate. People will happily sit inside their bedrooms, while they write hateful comments about someone. I remember when I dealt with online abuse in school and although it was difficult at first. I soon learnt how to brush it off like it was a fleck of dust on my shoulders. However, it's not just teenagers who spend their time online, abusing others. I have also seen comments from so many adults, with the most awful language. 




If you're reading this, and have been in a similar situation and are experiencing online hate or bullying, please feel free to comment down below and I will get back to you. Too many people are dealing with hate and abuse online and it's time something is done.


No comments:

Post a Comment